June 10, 2013

Wedding fit for a Princess!



































This past weekend was a very special wedding weekend for the Swedish Royal family, as Princess Madeleine wed Chris O'Neill in Stockholm. The wedding dress was deigend by non other than Valentino, who by the way also attended the wedding. The tiara of choice was the Modern Fringe Tiara, complete with a row of orange blossoms at the hair line.



Crown Princess Victoria did not disappoint; Arriving in a fantastic gown (some sources say the gown was by Elie Saab, others that it was designed by Fadi El Khoury Couture), complete with her adorable little daughter, princess Estelle, on her arm... wearing her hair in a chic chignon, showing off the stunning Boucheron tiara and corsage, originally belonging to the late Princess Lilian, the aunt of King Carl Gustav. 

I know it might not be in everyones interest, but the heritage of these magnificent royal jewels is so interesting to me, and I have been lucky to view the British Crown Jewels as well as the Danish Crown Jewels in person. There are may books on the subject out there, I was given a beautiful and interesting book on the Danish Jewels, my next book would have to be The Queen's Diamonds. I had my hand on the book while at the MET last summer... Stunning!
















































While there were many royals attending this wedding, I just had to share an image of the Crown Prince and Princess of Denmark. Crown Princess Mary wore a beautiful coral red gown with chiffon overlay. Her tiara of choice was Midnats Diademet, which I did a post about here, complete with images of how it was made, from start to finish...

... and they lived Happily Ever After! :)
Natasha

Images via Google search

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! Thank you for showing us these beautiful pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a pretty post, Natasha. I mean to tell you that I know Mary. We studied law together here in Hobart! J x

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy... let me know what you think.
Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!

Natasha

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...