January 17, 2013

Aqua, Rosemary Beach

First spotted here and subsequently here, I just had to share this super cool and unusual Sushi restaurant called AQUA, located in Rosemary Beach.

The interiors are designed by the team behind Milk & Honey Home, and by the name alone, I was expecting Aqua interiors, or water hues at least.... Then reading that the restaurant is located in a beach community, I was expecting beachy.... Well, not so fast!!! As you can see from the images below, nothing is aqua and nothing screams beachy :) Totally cool and updated, right in tune with what is going on in the design world, yet not predictable at all!!

The hostess stand is this wooden, peeling paint, soft greyish blue, and with the backdrop of the tall doors in what I think is aubergine, I am intrigued...

The bar is sporting subway tiles with glass shelves, well stocked with wine... even a small bonsai. The bar is reclaimed wood, but I will let you enjoy the images...







I really like the detail of painting the ceiling and adding artwork to this little hall way, the stripe schoolhouse light is quite sweet as well :) These pieces of coastal art are all vintage, propbably snapped up at local consignment stores, an inexpensive and fun idea.







So, what do you think? I have been studying the choice of materials and the colors, and for me this totally works! Rustic, Rough Luxe, yet classic and with updated details. My favorite part... the mix of materials and the floor!

Looking forward to visiting :)
Natasha

All images by Jennifer Kesler Photography 

2 comments:

  1. i like the look - very different - but cool

    PS – my friend is gonna be on Millionaire Matchmaker on Bravo TONIGHT come check it out on the bog :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. love this natasha! what i wouldn't give for a sushi restaurant in my community that looked like this. LOVE the floors! i have those lucite chairs around my kitchen table. got them at ikea! very reasonable! xo

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy... let me know what you think.
Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!

Natasha

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...