September 5, 2012

New on the Virtual Bookshelf...




It's been a while since I have come across a beautiful Interior Design Book, so when a little teaser landed in my in-box, I just had to investigate! 
What I found was a virtual book - for your iPad - full of amazing photography and interesting, different and very textural Scandinavian Interiors.

































The new book New Style Generation GEN.ONE from Danish photography couple Niels & Iben Ahlberg showcase five super interesting and very different homes. 

One thing I have come to appreciate as a blogger is photography. While Interior Design is my chosen path, photographing interiors is a whole new world. It takes a very skilled person to understand the lighting, the placement of objects and how to successfully photograph the space, so to convey the "proper" atmosphere... 

In this new Interior Design Book you will be treated to light and airy Scandinavain Decor at it's best, BUT, gone are the days where everything is white, on white, on white...

































Meet Danish fashion designer Naja Munthe... a few images of her home were first featured here on the Northern Light Blog, when I introduced Visit Visit, the second book by the Ahlberg duo. Naja is - in my opinion - a master of mixing textures, cultures, design classics and making it all work in such an amazing way, that your eye just keeps moving. Love her style :)



My favorite home featured in this book is that of Anders Krakau! It is the classiest bachelor pad I have seen in a very long time!! Masculine, yet no posters in sight. Decorated, yet no overly feminine items displayed. Curated, stylish, urban and with a great eye for design, proportion and for mixing the unexpected with design classics. Take a look for your self below.




































The owner in his posh pad in Copenhagen, high ceilings and plenty of natural light, balanced with darker colors and tons of texture.


When visiting Copenhagen my favorite MUST SEE shop is Rue Verte. I did a little write-up on the shop here on the blog, if you happen to find yourself in downtown Copenhagen, you must go!!







































Turns out Anders is the one behind the displays at Rue Verte... who knew?
No wonder his apartment looks amazing :) it is in his blood....









































So, if these images don't make you drool, I don't know what would! I do not want to spoil it all for you, so head on over here for your own copy of the New Style Generation GEN.ONE






























Remember to come back to thank me later... I know you will be amazed by the photography and equally inspired by the interiors!

Natasha





































PS...  GEN.TWO is coming soon!!

All images curtesy of Niels & Iben Ahlberg

4 comments:

  1. Wow! This looks gorgeous Natasha. Will need to check it out :) Have a great weekend!

    Abbey x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how I drool!!! Loving the quality of online reading material out there at the moment!! I really need to find more time for blogging and catching up on all of these gorgeous books!!

    :) Hazel
    www.hazellovesdesign.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved all of these interiors - both the styling and the photography ...must get myself an i-pad so I can indulge in a little more!
    x
    Melissah

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Natasha, thanks for sharing this delightful find. I adore their aesthetic as well. Thanks so much for linking up with the POTMC. J x

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy... let me know what you think.
Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!

Natasha

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...